Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Blog addiction

So, hi again. If the reasons for my disappearance weren't so boring I'd go into them in detail, but I try to keep in mind that this is meant to be a fitness/running/health blog and so will keep whining about my personal life to a minimum.

When last we met, I had finally hit 199 pounds on the scale, back on the 16th of October. I have not gotten on the scale since then, since I'm pretty sure I'm still waffling around that number, and might have even climbed a half pound or so. My next weigh in date will be on November 8th, and in the meantime I'll be at a week long conference out of town, trying to avoid hotel food and white rolls and that semi-frozen cheesecake they serve at every conference dessert.

My 8K is just over two weeks away, and I have a been complete crap at preparing for it. The weekend was occupied by a family funeral, and I haven't run since last Friday night. Tonight I'm going to try to do 3 miles, and then 5 tomorrow evening. I did walk 2 miles last night, and maybe it was just that I didn't have my iPod with me, but when I started to jog the last block home I sounded like a damn elephant galumphing up the street. Seriously, I hope I don't sound that ... heavy all the time. No wonder people stare at me as I pass, I sound like I'm about to die!

In other news, even though I haven't been running this week, I've been obsessively reading all the RBF marathon reports and feeling both inspired and a little awed at how many of you have completed a marathon. I've spent my life being the girl who was too asthmatic and overweight to run sprints in gym class, so it's weird for me to feel this little niggle of I want to do that lurking somewhere in the back of my brain. Is such a thing even possible for me? Really? I don't know, but I do know that the more I read and the more I'm inspired by all of you the more it makes me want to at least try.

We'll see. In the meantime, I'll just keep reading.

2 comments:

Mia Goddess said...

I can't run without my ipod. I did once, on accident, and I *barely* survived. I wouldn't do it on purpose!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! blowjobs group sex