Monday, June 06, 2005

I begin now to make ammends...

for Saturday night's Pistachio Ice-Cream cake.

Saturday night my sister and I hosted a suprise 50th birthday party for Mom, and I indulged the sweet tooth a little with my aunt's fabulous icebox cake. This is the kind of thing that would have slayed me a year ago. If I "fell off the wagon" back then I'd use it as an excuse to lapse back into old habits and feed my face for a few days. But I'm down almost 25 pounds and there is NO way I am going back up. I can honestly say that while the cake was good, it wasn't good enough to send me into a sugar spiral.

I got up early Sunday morning and took a 4 mile walk with Mom, then packed the car up and drove back home. The Captain was mewing at the door when I walked in, and had devoured his two bowls of food, so I (re)fed him and then spent a while unpacking and getting my walking clothes organized for the week so I don't have any excuse not to get to the gymm. And I'll definitely be hitting the gym all week. The temperature topped out at 92 this weekend, and it was that miserable mid-west heat/humidity combination that makes you feel like you're swimming. I hate summer.

Next week I begin the C25K plan, and I'm spending this week really working on upping the walking miles. I can already walk 5K a day without a problem, and for some reason having that basic level of fitness is important to me. It's also important for me to set a date for when I'll begin, so I'll just post it here. On June 20th I'll start the running plan.

Ooh, exciting!

No comments: