Thursday, June 23, 2005

My goal: weigh less than cartoon characters

Well, I now have a new goal: weigh less than fat cartoon characters.

Last night Dad came by to spend the night since he was in town, and since I don't have cable we popped in one of my Simpsons DVDs. I hadn't watched them in a while, but in the first one (Lisa the Beauty Queen) Homer mentioned that he weighed 239 pounds.

OH MY GOD, I WEIGHED AS MUCH AS HOMER $!*%ING SIMPSON!

I sat in my chair, stupefied by the realization. I mean, Homer is FAT. He's slobby and stupid and people make fun of his size. And yet...that was my size just a few months ago. Weirdly, I felt a belated sense of embarrassment about my weight, as if maybe people have been saying bad things about me all along. Even though I know they haven't and I know that's irrational.

Still!

And as if that weren't enough, when Dad went to bed I was still on a cartoon kick, so I puttered around the house making tea and tidying up and put in a Flintstones DVD to pass the time. I used to adore the Flintstones, and know the episodes so well that I don't even need to see them any more. I went through a few episodes in season one, when I heard the episode titled "Fred Flintstone - Before and After" which stated that Fred weighed 210 pounds.

OH MY GOD, I WEIGH AS MUCH AS FRED BLEEPING FLINTSTONE!

It is no wonder I am sunk into a depression today. :sigh:

No comments: