So I should start by saying that I failed math in the second grade. SECOND grade, people. That's like adding two columns of numbers (though I remember that I could add, I just couldn't subtract for beans). And I should admit that I couldn't do WW because I can't add p0ints, and besides I was spending my day's allotment on that yummy Smart 0nes mac&cheese, and popsicles, and skinny cow ice cream bars. I am simply not capable of that kind of discretion. I like to blame it on my Wolf.
Which is why it's blowing my mind that I'm addicted to the numbers on Fitday. Not the carbs/fat/protein ratio, but the 'reports' ratio that tells you in bright red if you're not getting your RDA of the essential vitamins and minerals. I just spent thirty five minutes, I kid you not, trying to maneuver my dinner menu in a way that would raise my magnesium level. I am only at 46% magnesium for the day, and and only 55% for the past month! And you know, I have no idea if that means my teeth will fall out any second, or if it means my bones are even-as-we-speak turning to rubber, but I'm concerned about it. I actually wrote 'mag supplements' on the back of my hand, so I could remember to add them to my grocery list.
For the moment I'm taking it as a good sign that I'm more concerned about those numbers than I am my total fat intake for the day (because my dill dip? SO high in fat.)
So it's something. But go me, man.
Thursday, June 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment