Friday, July 01, 2005

Today is the first day of the rest of your year

That was the first thing I thought of as I pushed snooze for the third time this morning. Last night, for the ten thousandth time, I made a vow to get up early to run. I knew that this morning was slated to be about 70 degrees, with a much lower humidity than normal, and the very thought of that temperature made me want to put on my running shoes and see if I could do any better without the 'running through water' feeling of 100 percent humidity. But of course now I don't know, because once again the Me who exists at 10 p.m. has a 6 a.m. evil twin who insists on sleeping in, and who will push snooze until the last possible second.

So maybe I just need to resign myself to being an evening runner. At least the high for today is only in the early 80s, so maybe it will be cooler tonight as well.

Came into work this morning to a message on my answering machine from a family friend I'd run into on Wednesday night. She hadn't seen me in a few months, and left a message that said, I just want to tell you how beautiful you look, and how thin! Bless her bones. Thin I am not, but that sort of fired me up for the rest of the month, and made me realize that my '5 pounds a month' rule is halfway up this year. And I'm almost on target. That feels good, I must say, though if my family don't get settled I am going to get off track - I've been eating horribly this past week. And exactly one month from today I will have to be seen in public in a bathing suit, so I can't afford to cut myself slack right now.

Ack! Ack! A bathing suit. :::trembles:::

No comments: