Monday, August 22, 2005

Slogging and sneezes and species, Oh my!


First of all, for all you dears who've commented in the past few days and who are now thinking "gee, that Renee is a real Miss snooty pants! She didn't even reply!" I plead only that I've had a very busy weekend. You can see why on your left.

Yeah, some folks buy DVDs or clothes as an impulse purchase, I buy Himalayans. Well, not really. I've been thinking about getting a second cat for a while, but didn't want to upset the precarious balance of my allergies and/or the atrocious smell of a cat box in a small house, but I finally caved. A friend of mine breeds Himalayans and had been trying to get me to take one for weeks, but after seeing them yesterday I just caved. Actually, this isn't the exact kitten I got, but rather a sister. Still, it was the only picture online.

I know it's lame not to update because of a cat. I mean, after all, the witty and wonderful Mia managed to give birth to an actual child this weekend and she still updated before me. How lame am I?

I also think this purchase means that I am officially a crazy cat lady now. I'm unmarried. I write. I have thousands of books and two cats. I keep my OED on a bible pedestal. The only thing I don't do is knit, and I'm thinking about trying to start.

And all of that before the age of 30. Imagine what I'll be like at 60. I can't wait! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also think this purchase means that I am officially a crazy cat lady now. I'm unmarried. I write. I have thousands of books and two cats. I keep my OED on a bible pedestal. The only thing I don't do is knit, and I'm thinking about trying to start.

This makes you my new hero! Ooooh, I want an OED. How much does an OED weigh? Can I track my weight loss, not in pounds or kg or stone, but in OEDs?

Congratulations on Miss Finney. My own two kitties (and thousands of books) say hello.

Rev said...

Welcome JB and Wendy! By the way, JB, I think that tracking weight loss in OEDs is BRILLIANT. I'll have to weigh mine when I get home and get back to you.

Mia Goddess said...

I don't know, PW, that kitty sounds like a very close runner up to Little Scotty in the cuteness derby! I would love to get a new kitty, but I think it would be hard to convince DH that now would be the time. :)