Friday, August 19, 2005

High (and Low) lights of my week

- Locking my keys in my cubicle and being forced to climb on a 6-tier bookcase to climb over. I made my office cohort, Kay, go into her office where she sat worridly saying "but I'm afraid you're going to break your neck. Let me give you a leg up at least!" Did triumphantly manage to make it to the other side. Oddly, I now realize this is something I would never have DREAMED of doing 35 pounds ago. Huh.

- Sent a corrupted file of fiction to my editor only to find out that I can't even open it on my computer. Will spend the weekend rewriting the entire last half of the story.

- Father finally sold a share in an oil well. One phone call landed him $9,000. I hope he can take the pressure of his new job because while it sounds dead hard to persuade millionaires to part with their money it does bring in the cash, and after a long financial battle my parents could really use it. My mother, for example, does not even have health insurance. :(

- Finally ran two miles without dying. Am going to try for 2.5 this weekend.

- Came home on Wednesday after the world's most stressful and awful day to find that the cat had vomited on the kitchen floor. Proceeded to dissolve into tears and cry like a child who has stayed too long at the fair.

- Am reading Nigel Slater's "Toast" and loving it

- Realize that I am dreadfully out of touch with at least 2 of my closest friends, and this made me very sad

So yes, rather more lowlights than highlights, but on the plus side at least it's Friday. Also, I had a really delicious lunch of chili chicken today.

Cannot wait to go home and take a nap.

-

1 comment:

Rev said...

That's exactly what I love about running! I like competing only with myself and my personal record rather than having to live up to a team standard, or whatever.