Thursday, September 29, 2005

I'm pleased to report that my week off running doesn't seem to have completely disabled me. Around 9:30 last night my sister popped into the house, took one look at A. (who had spiked a worrying fever) and said, put your shoes on, I don't want to see you for at least 45 minutes. Well, I wasn't about to argue. I was into a sports bra and my sneakers in less than two minutes, and then out on the open road. It was a windy, cool night - the first time it's really felt like autumn - and I warmed up for a block before starting to jog. Maybe it was the stress of the past week, and the emotions I'd been keeping locked down in order to be able to get through the day, but I needed that run. I did 3 miles in about 33 minutes, and then spent ten doing sprints up and down my street just to wear myself out. It worked, incidentally, so well that I overslept this morning by 30 minutes, but I didn't care. I climbed into the shower last night feeling loose and warm and sore and sanctimonious. I love that feeling. I guess the Lord has decided to reward my good behavior, because I lose a pound overnight.

Foodwise, I've still been awful. I've been eating whatever is on hand, which while not bad, is not great either. Yesterday's food included: 2 gardenburgers, sans bread. one boiled egg. cashews. a crust of pizza (leftover). Sunflower seeds. String cheese. And that's it. I didn't even reach 1,000 calories for the day. I don't care if I have to push A. around Kroger in a wheelchair, I have to go to the supermarket tonight. All I have left in the fridge is shredded parmesan and a green pepper.

No comments: