Friday, September 30, 2005

Tip me, Baby

Seven days and counting until my first 5K! I remember calling my Mom back in July and letting her know I ran a "whole mile", and now I can do 4-5 at a go. It's still not easy, of course, but then maybe it isn't supposed to be. But I love it.

And since some of you seem to have experience with this sort of thing, I'm pleading for tips, because I am the kind of gal who can screw up even the most basic plan. It doesn't help that I'll be out at a conference from next Wed-Fri, and faced with buffets and that lame baked chicken/string bean dinner that's served at conferences across America, and my eating is likely to be under-par as far as fueling goes.

So, to that end, if you have any tips/suggestions/caveats about the last week of training, or what I should and should not eat, or what I must remember to take with me, please leave me a comment. I'm desperate like that.

No comments: