Friday, April 07, 2006

Vernalagnia

Today is so gloriously beautiful, and I am feeling so much better emotionally and physically, that I want to get down and roll around in the warm dirt like a winter-weary horse on the first day of spring. The end of this week has almost made up for the beginning of this week, and it's Friday and Lia is out of town at a conference, which means I have two sleepy days to putter around the garden and take long naps, and read. Lia and I - despite being joined at the hip most of the time - both relish a little solitude, and over the years we've agreed that unless the conference is extremely exciting, we'll take advantage of the chance for a long weekend apart, and that's worked out so well. Apparently, when I'm away L. subsists on brownies and frozen pizza, and has full-day M*A*S*H marathons, and plays Celtic music very loud. When she's away I lay around in the backyard with a book, and take naps, and play sing along loudly to show tunes. :)

My run the night before last? Horrible. I could barely finish two miles, and what wheezing the whole way. I have no idea why. But then yesterday I stayed home from work and felt puny and had a fever, and by last night was feeling a ton better. This morning I'm back to feeling normal, and I ate a hearty breakfast (an egg, half a fried apple, turkey bacon, and a biscuit) and I have a feeling tonight's run will be much better.

Still not dieting (see breakfast, above) and still having moments when I struggle, but just for today I'm enjoying the hell out of my life and the strange food freedom.

Hope everyone here has as good a day!

1 comment:

psbowe said...

oh god, if I'm home alone, which btw hasn't happened in yrs, I'll breakout the Friends dvds and watch it...then work in the garden, clean, organize like crazy... I know i'm a freak!

hope you had a nice run that evening.