Sunday, February 11, 2007

The trauma of starting over

So last weekend my sister called to say her next-door-neighbor had put a decent treadmill out on the curb with a sign that said "free" and did I want it? Yeah, I did. Which is how I came to start my exercise plan over this week. And oh, is it demoralizing. It's also a really crappy treadmill, which doesn't help, but it makes me feel like it's a loooong way back up to ten mile runs. And you know, that feels bad. It feels really bad. But I'm kind of tired of just sitting around waiting for it to feel better, so I took to the treatmill this week and walked a lot. And I'm going to walk a lot this week, and then on Wednesday I'm starting the Couch to 5K plan. AGAIN. I may be able to start at one of the later week, depending on how my knee goes, but right now I think the plan is just to HAVE a plan. You know how that goes.

Baby steps...

1 comment:

Faithful Soles said...

ok, here's a GREAT story to inspire you as you "start over" about an event I witnessed at the 2000 Boston Marathon, The Greatest Marathoner. After you read it, I also have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on my web site and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it.