Friday, February 02, 2007

Toe in the Water

Well, it's been a long time, but I'm back. However I don't promise to be better than ever.

So much to talk about. Like how I broke my kneecap and stopped running. Like how that threw me into a morbid depression the likes of which haven't been seen since Van Gogh. Like how I graduated with my MFA anyway. Like how I got published. Like how I gained back 20 of the 40 pounds I'd lost. Like how I'm at 220 again. Like how sad and scared that makes me. Like how I refuse to let that be the end of the story. Like how I'm dying to run again, but I'm scared that it will literally mean starting from the beginning.

Like how I think fear is the root of all of my problems. Like how desperately I don't want that to be true. Like how I REFUSE to have that be true, at least today.

Like how I've missed it here (and all of you).

No comments: