
At the risk of saying this too soon, I think my new yoga tape might be the key to solving my hip problems. A few weeks ago a friend of mine - a homeopathic doctor - told me she thought I carried tension in my shoulders and hips, and I jokingly told her about my bursitis and constant hip pain. She suggested yoga, and though I passed it off at the time as just another one of those healthy-schmelthy things I should do I found myself scouting Amazon for a beginner's yoga tape. I finally settled on one from Gaiam - maker of the wonderful sun lamp that keeps me from going postal in the winter - and it's an AM/PM tape. Twenty five minutes for each, and quite easy to follow, though I am about as bendy as an oak tree. I've done it for the past two days, and remarkably my hips feel ... looser? already. I have better range of motion in them, and when I walk my stride seems to be more expansive.
I also went out at lunch today and bought new shoes for this half training I've started. I bought the same pair of Brooks Dyad's that I already had, because apparently my feet are so weird there are only two pairs of shoes out there designed for weirdos like me. I supinate, but I don't have high arches, I have low arches, and I don't really need a motion control shoe as much as a cushioning shoe, and these are by far the most comfortable of the pairs I tried on. I admit I'm girly and silly enough to wish I could have a different color shoe, but I know that's lame, so I got over it. *g*

1 comment:
Half training has been really hard on my hips as well. I've been told doing lunges helps, but I absolutely hate doing lunges so I've been ignoring that advice so far :) I'll have to do more yoga. I really like Priscilla Patrick's yoga tapes, btw. She's old school, but good.
Post a Comment